Black Bean Patties
1 can black beans
1/2 small red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of oat flour (or blended oats)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Cook onions and garlic in a pan with some grapeseed or olive oil.
2. Drain the can of beans but don’t rinse them. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the beans into a paste.
3. Once the onions are cooked, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Freeze the bean mixture for 30 minutes!
4. Take out of the freezer and form patties out of the bean mixture. Cook in a pan until the outside is crisp and the patty is firm.
5. Top with your favourite toppings! I like mine with avocado, hummus and lettuce. Enjoy :)