Omega-3 Salmon Cakes
1 pound fresh salmon
1 sweet onion, diced finely
1 red bell pepper, diced finely
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup almond flour
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp mashed avocado
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
Salt & pepper
Optional: 1 tsp dried rosemary
1. I used leftover salmon I baked from the night before. If your salmon is not already cooked, then preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and season with salt, pepper (I also usually add dried basil, oregano and lemon). Cook for about 10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked throughout!
2. Dice the onion and bell pepper. Chop the fresh dill and parsley.
3. Once the salmon is done cooking, allow it to cool in the fridge for 7 minutes or until it can be handled.
4. Saute the onion, garlic and red pepper with olive oil in a large pan. Cook until the onion is translucent. Remove from heat and allow it to cool!
6. Flake the cooled salmon in a bowl while removing the skin and any bones. Add the onion, red pepper, garlic, dill, parsley, avocado, egg, mustard and almond flour (optional: rosemary).
7. Combine and mix well (I also used a potato masher to help me mix it). Form small patties with your hands.
8. Heat a large pan with olive oil on medium heat and cook the salmon patties for 4 minutes on each side.
9. Serve with a lemon dill dressing and a side of veggies! :)