Thai Papaya Salad
1.5 small Thai chili peppers
3 or 4 garlic cloves
1 small green papaya
2 medium carrots
1 Tbsp palm sugar paste
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 handful of whole green beans
8 cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp of cashews or peanuts
Optional: add shredded green mango or finely cut cucumber
- Shred green papaya and carrot, chop green beans and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a mortar and pestle mix: chili, garlic, palm sugar paste and fish sauce. (I didn't have a mortar and pestle so I used a deep bowl with a meat tenderizer).
- Add green beans and squeeze one lime into the mortar.
- Crush the beans a little bit with the pestle and add 1 Tbsp of peanuts or cashews into the mortar. Crush peanuts in the mortar mixture.
- Mix in the papaya, carrot, tomatoes.
- Plate and top with 1 Tbsp cashews or peanuts
Optional: Serve with a slice of lime