4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5 white mushrooms, sliced
1 can of kidney beans (398 mL)
1 can of maple beans (398 mL)
1 large can of tomato sauce (680 mL)
1 can of stewed tomatoes (540 mL)
Vegetarian meat (340g… I usually use Yves)
1 tsp Chili powder
1 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
*** optional: garnish with oregano, avocado, cooked quinoa or chopped spinach***
1. Prepare the garlic, onion and mushrooms
2. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the stewed tomatoes and vegetarian meat. I like to crush the stewed tomatoes and mix it in with the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
4. Add the kidney beans (rinsed), maple beans and tomato sauce.
5. Add the cumin and chili powder. Feel free to add more spice if you like a little more heat/ flavour!
6. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then reduce to a low and simmer.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed!
8. Serve with the option of a garnish and enjoy!